Imagine a perfect, personal, unique and individualized piece of art in your home or office created in collaboration to reflect your artistic aesthetic, profession and story. We can co-create the perfect piece for the perfect spot in your or your loved one’s room or your office.
I accept commissions and love the privilege and challenge of creating a painting especially for you. It is one of my favorite things to do. I have painted representations of clients’ stories both of love, healing and courage and welcome the opportunity to create one for you.
Here is what one client said about a recent commission –
“I have to say -i got it home and read the thing (story card) and looked at the painting and cried a good little cry. It is perfect. You did an amazing job and I love it.” Kirsten Johnson regarding Follow Your Heart (Full Story).
If you are considering hiring and collaborating with me, here is what you can expect.
- Prices start at $200 for a 9″ x 12″ (and work their way up based on size and complexity) A typical size is 12″ x 16″ and the price for this size is $250 – 325 which take about 3 full days of painting. I just completed a commission for a 24″ x 18″ painting for $400 which took me about 30 hours.
- Contact me at email@example.com to let me know your interest and we will schedule a meeting. I prefer to meet face to face or if this isn’t possible via Skype or on the phone. It is important to my process that I get to know you and who I’m painting for.
- We will meet and consult. I will ask you about what pieces of work you prefer and why, if you have a story or something memorable you want this to represent, preferences for sizes and colors.
- Once I have a sense of your needs, at that time, I can usually estimate the price for a painting. If the commission is unusual in some way, I may need a day or two to estimate the cost.
- If you agree to the terms, then I will draft an agreement which will include the idea for the painting, size and medium, payment agreement, approximate time (in hours) for completion, and delivery agreement. You may review and approve via email or in person.
- Before I begin to sketch out the painting, I will need a non-refundable deposit of 1/4 to 1/3 the final price of the painting.
- This is a collaboration, upon receiving the sketch, you provide feedback and thoughts and I will update the sketch.
- Once I have your approval of the sketch, I will estimate a completion date and begin painting. If the final painting is estimated $500 or over then I will need a further deposit of 1/4 – 1/3 of the final price of the painting. (I will not be able to estimate a completion date until you have approved the sketch.)
- If you would like, I will update you with progress photos as I paint or you can be surprised.
- Upon completion, the remaining money is due and upon receipt, I will drop off the painting to you, mail it to you or you can meet me at my studio for pick up.
I’m looking forward to discussing a collaboration with you. Uniquely depicting your story is an exciting and fulfilling opportunity to give you a painting that expresses you!
Above, a special place for healing. Full Story here.
This was a commission for a mother and her tree climbing girls. Full Story is here.